- Well Woman Care is the name given to the annual examination that is recommended to assist women in maintaining optimum health.
- This visit is similar in scope to the medical care you receive at your existing annual OBGYN visits.
- Each visit is scheduled for 1 hour to provide you with adequate time to discuss your health concerns, answer individual questions, and provide you with an experience that is gentle and relaxing.
- We will thoroughly review your health history, perform a comprehensive physical examination, Pap smears, STI testing, and other laboratory tests as indicated, and birth control counseling - as requested.
- We collaborate with MDs, and will refer you to necessary practitioners for related health care services such as mammograms, bone density testing, etc.
- Preconception counseling can play a major role in reducing poor perinatal outcomes.
- Preconception counseling and education includes early health promotion and information to guide families in identifying risks and addressing those risks before pregnancy.
- Comprehensive health history intake, physical assessment (including Pap if necessary) and blood draws for lab work.
- Analysis of nutrition, exercise/fitness, healthy weight, habits, lifestyle choices, environmental and other stress factors.
- Individualized suggestions for folic acid supplementation, vitamins, medication changes, and optimizing control of medical conditions such as infectious disease, thyroid, diabetes, and blood pressure.
- Fertility awareness, cycle charting, signs and symptoms of pregnancy, and pregnancy spacing.
- We will take time to review your options and help you select a birth control method that is safe, effective, and most importantly tailored to what’s right for you.
- Discuss hormonal and non-hormonal methods of birth control.
Birth control options include:
- Counseling & instruction in the Natural Family Planning and Fertility Awareness Method
- Placing a Mirena, Skyla, Paraguard intrautering device (IUD)
- Administering a Nexplanon Implant, and Depo-Provera shot.
- Prescribing oral contraceptive pills.